Wednesday 18 February 2009

WELCOME

Over the years I've gathered a fair amount of printed and web-based material which has helped further my understanding of creative writing techniques and the creative writing-publishing industry.

When I started out I was clueless.

So, here it is, an annotated archive of material which I've found useful, instructive and informative.

It will prove a useful drive-by resource for creative writers at all stages of development.

I positively welcome all suggestions for useful links, blogs, books and other material.

Please do leave comments, suggestions, hints, tips and rumours as and when you think appropriate.

What you will and what you won't get

What you won't get:

  • Musings on the perceived agonies of literary creation, or the strain and pain of placing one word after another.
  • Workshopping and brainstorming ideas to help you unleash the creative genius within.
  • Opinions on the state of English language publishing. You'd probably be better served by first checking out Booktrade and Publishers Weekly or Book Brunch, before seeking out more scurrilous sites.

What you will get:

  • Annotated links to agents', editor's, publishers' and writers' blogs.
  • Annotated links to writers' sites, including critique sites.
  • Annotated links to useful downloads.
  • Reviews of guides, handbooks, manuals and how-to books.
  • Reviews of writers' tools such as directories, dictionaries, hardware, software and other stuff.
  • Quips, quotes and nuggets of wisdom from writers.

I intend to post Sunday, Tuesday and Friday every week, except for holidays. So, if you want to keep up with posts it may be worthwhile subscribing via the RSS button.

I'll endeavour to keep all links clean and up to date, however, if you encounter problems please let me know.

When you come across a book or gadget I've mentioned in a post and think you may want to buy it well, if you look in the sidebar, you'll see I've set up shop within Amazon. Just click on the relevant title.

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember if I sent you an email to thank you for the link to my website: www.mr-edit-literary-services.co.uk with reference to the Darley Anderson interview. So here's a brief thank you. Much appreciated. Love your blog, incidentally. Highly illuminating and entertaining. Can I put something on my own site to repay your kindness? Mike. Mr Edit

    ReplyDelete