Here's a list of more U.S. publishers who will look at your work:
- Baen - only Science Fiction & Fantasy. But if you write SF you'd know that already.
- Glass House Press - espionage, mystery, and psychological/paranormal thriller genres.
- Kirk House - be a bit careful here.
- MacAdam/Cage - though be mindful they have submission windows.
- Brown Ink Books - keep in mind that their next submission period is Fall 2009.
- Small Anchor Press - love these guys, you will too. I've decided I want a book crafted, printed and published by them.
Don't forget, before you set to with packing up your brilliant MS read these guidelines first:
- The links posted here will take you straight to the appropriate page on the publisher's website detailing their submissions policy and instructions.
- While on any site browse around a bit and familiarise yourself with the publisher's list, seek out their blog (if they have one) and gather clues on their current acquisitions policy.
- If the publisher has a newsletter, and seem as though they could be a possible home for your work at some point in the future, then sign up.
PLEASE, don't just smash, grab and send; give careful thought to your query and show consideration.
You know the drill - but if you don't, don't send, otherwise a few more doors may close.