Sunday 28 February 2010

UPDATE: ANOTHER 117 U.S. LITERARY AGENTS

Been busy this week updating the U.S. Literary Agents link list in the sidebar here.
I've added another 117 agents' websites - bringing the total number of U.S. agents' websites listed to 281.

The update is a very mixed bag, featuring some old, established agents, a few big hitters, a few relative newcomers and one or two talent agencies who also happen to represent writers.

I was surprised to discover that I had not previously listed Dystel & Goderich, especially given there's a link to their very informative blog in the list of Literary Agents' Blogs in the sidebar, and given that I queried them about two years ago.

Though I try to weed out sites I know to be scams, and sites that may be scams, I cannot vouch for the bona fides of all the agents listed here. If you have any doubts about an agent listed here then check their name with Writer Beware, Preditors & Editors, AAR and Agent Research & Evaluation etc.

If you do find that any of the sites listed here are scammers then do please let me know and I'll put up a warning post and delete them forthwith.

If searching the alphabetically ordered list for a particular agent it is always worth checking to see if they are lurking under T - for example, The Bent Agency or The Seymour Agency.

OK, the rest is down to you. You know the score - read and follow submission guidelines, don't forget to mention that your mom thinks you're the best novelist America has succoured since Harold Robbins, and don't forget to enclose the S.A.S.E.

Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment